Credit Report News, Tips & Advice
Website CertifiedPrivacy Protected
Credit Report News, Tips & Advice « Credit Reports > Credit Report Tips > How to Request for Reinvestigation for Credit Reports

How to Request for Reinvestigation for Credit Reports

By Karen Anderson
Published: Sunday, November 1st, 2009

How much are you getting from credit report tips? By now, you should know that credit report bureaus make mistakes more than half of the time and you should also do an investigation of your own. This is true for everyone, even those who do not have poor credit history. This is also especially true for people who are planning to make a big purchase such as a car or a house. If you have plans of making a big purchase then you should check-up your credit report in advance, before the credit bureau turns them over to your lender.

If you are a little short on budget, then you can request for a free report. You will be granted a free report a year if you can prove that you currently do not have a job but you have plans to look for one within 60 days. You can also get hold of a free report if you are on welfare. Also, you are entitled to a free report if your report is inaccurate due to fraud. This is probably the best tips among all credit report tips because there are just times when the best things in life are for free.

Legally, you cannot have negative reports removed from your record if they are timely and accurate. What you can do, nonetheless, is to have any erroneous information reinvestigated. If you have been denied credit, insurance or employment within 60 days, you can avail of a free copy of your credit report. You can ask a company that denies your application for credit, insurance, or employment the name, address and telephone number of the credit bureau that prepared your credit report if the reason for the denial is due to the information in your credit report. Credit report tips will tell you that the company cannot deny you access to this information.

After checking your credit report and found some inaccurate information on it, you can dispute these mistakes or any outdated items for free. You can either ask the credit reporting agency for a dispute form or you can write a letter of dispute to them, attaching documents that will support your claim. Of course, you should not send them original documents. Always keep the originals to yourself to avoid losing them. It is the concern of credit report tips to encourage you to make a clear identification of the items you dispute, provide an explanation of why you are disputing them, and then request to have it reinvestigated.

Should you be successful in revealing an error through the reinvestigation, you can demand that a corrected version of the report be sent to anyone or everyone who got hold of your report within the last six months. Those who are applying for a job can request that the corrected version be sent to anyone who received the report for employment purposed within the last two years. Finally, remember this last tip among the credit report tips that you have read so far: upon the completion of a reinvestigation, the credit bureau should provide you the written results of and a free copy of your report if there were changes made.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.